The ICT Database Essentials course focuses on fundamentals of using relational databases. Students will learn about common database components including tables, record and field structures, and data types. They will learn about queries and how to create them. They will study data import/export mechanisms. They will learn the basics of Structured Query Language (SQL) statements for managing and manipulating data. Finally, they will use the skills they have learned to create basic database tables, data queries and data reports.
After completing the ICT Database Essentials course, students will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and uses of relational databases, including databases vs. spreadsheets, advantages of databases, real-world uses, and "Big Data."
- Identify database components and functions, including fields vs. records, basic data types, table vs. query, primary and foreign keys, table relationships, reports, Structured Query Language (SQL), and popular database applications.
- Create a database table and organize data in it, including multiple data types in a table, adding records, deleting records, editing records and sorting records.
- Manipulate and share data in a database, including troubleshooting errors, select queries, action queries, table joins, importing and exporting spreadsheet data, and creating reports.
|CIW Web Design Career Track||test|
- Brand: CIW Official Courseware
- Product Code: CCSSCCAWSAVCP1408
- ISBN: 978-0-7423-3811-1
- Availability: In Stock